Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This is a close up shot of the new driving sprocket and the mounting for the driven sprocket. I cleaned off the old gasket and the crud on the bottom, cleaned and made legible the engine number visible in the upper left corner. Now I'm reduced to waiting, because, yet AGAIN, I've received incorrect parts. The new large sprocket will not fit on the shaft without hitting the bolt heads on the round disk behind the smaller sprocket. Closer examination shows the teeth are not on the same plane as the old one, they sit too far back .I also discovered the new seal in the kit does not fit in the hole in the cover and the orientation of the sealing lips suggests that it is to be installed from the inside of the cover instead of the outside. Seems awfully weird to me. This shit is getting real, real old. Out of six orders, five have been wrong. Screw it! I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment