Thursday, May 14, 2009

Apparently I figured out how to post photos. This shows the arrival on January 2, 2009, roughly 4 pm. The car was placed in the shop and an inspection was begun. The first thing noticed was a clunking sound when the car moved. Further investigation showed that a previous owner had welded the sliding coupler on the axle to the axle severely limiting movement. After a few choice words that I can't repeat here, I placed the car on jack stands to further examine the underside. I noticed the relay rod was worn on the ball joint ends and the same previous owner (read moron) adjusted the clearances with a hammer. I put that on the list for replacement and checked the rest of the suspension. The pitman arm and the idler arm were both drilled out to a larger size with no regard to the necessary tapered hole. What the Hell? More parts to replace. Pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment