Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Finished the hood and trunk lid today. The left pic is after going over it with a 3M Scotchbrite wheel, the right pic is after treating with metal prep to keep it from rusting while i do the rest. I also removed the rest of the trim and the top bows so I can start on the rest of the car.
Monday, September 28, 2009
And so it begins, I started stripping the paint off of the engine lid. I was surprised how much surface rust was under the factory paint. When all the paint is gone, I'll go over it with a scotchbrite wheel,wipe it down with metal prep, wash and dry it and move on to the next section. The metal prep will prevent it from rusting until I can spray some epoxy primer on it. Only then will I use body filler to smooth out any small dents I can't get with a hammer and dolly. Body filler sticks to the primer better than it does to bare metal. Also makes it easier to see the dents.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
well, I did get the floor cut out and the new floor fitted and welded in but I ran out of seam sealer so I don't have the finished picture yet. Instead of waiting and posting both later, I'll put this up here now since I'm going to be tied up with Corvair work for a while. Got a big job in Sunday.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
I had an unexpected break from Corvair work so I jumped on the little car again to replace the passenger floor. Changed the lift over to fit and raised the car to working height. You can see why I am replacing this side also. By the time I removed the interior door upholstery, the door stop and the hinge screws, I removed the door and the polished aluminum door garnish strip, it was time to rest the back, leaning over really kills me. Tomorrow should be cutting out the old floor and trimming the new floor to fit, we shall see.