Those pesky Corvairs are really interfering with my Bianchina time! I finally had some time and moved the little car back over to the working bay to finish sanding it. with any luck at all, i should get the second coat of epoxy primer on it soon.
Monday, October 29, 2012
Friday, October 26, 2012
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Finally had a chance to do some final filling and sanding before spraying the second coat of epoxy primer. I am planning on sanding and de greasing this afternoon and spraying tomorrow. I also just got word that Blogspot is going to cancel this account because I don't use it enough. PISSES me off. I will call customer service to try to get it straightened out. Wish me luck. If I am unsuccessful, thanks for following along so far.
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Sunday, August 5, 2012
I guess you all thought I died. GGG Well, I'm back. Bathroom parts on long back orders, 11 stitches in my hand, Selling Dads house, 90-100 degree temps in the shop, having to go to settlement and about a hundred pain in the a$$ things kept me from working on the car. It's all over but probating the estate ( and the high temps) but I'm back. As you can see, the car is back on the rotisserie. I'll move it back to the other side of the shop and start on the doors. Then primer again. We'll see.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
No picture but I did some sanding and filling today. I have been intimately involved in a complete renovation of our bathroom (meaning it's just me doing it) New floor, new vanity, remove tub and replace with a shower, new dry wall, new lights and paint. Gotta keep Mama happy, Almost done so I'll be back on here soon.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
For once things went as planned. I got the car off of the rotisserie and supported on the lift. After removing the front supporting bracket I was able to work on the front end. What is shown in the picture was sanded and another coat of filler was added all the way across the seam. After sanding, it may be good enough to move on to the doors. If so, I'll have to put it back on the spit so I can move it to the other side of the shop.
Friday, March 16, 2012
Although I haven't posted recently, I have been working every day filling and sanding. You can probably tell that from the amount of dust on the floor. If all goes well I should be able to remove the car from the rotisserie and put it on the lift so I can work on the front end, again sanding and filling, filling and sanding. The fun part will be putting it back on the rotisserie to put another coat of epoxy primer on it, then sealer, filler primer to block it out, two coats of base and then three to four coats of clear. Some where in there I have to do the doors also.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Apparently I was somewhat optimistic on my recovery. On the Friday after my last post I had a relapse and it took over a week before I could walk upright. I'm back on the filling and sanding (hereafter called F & S for brevity) and slowly moving around the car. I've been touching up some spots on the rear and am just about ready to move to the passenger side. Oh Joy!
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Haven't figured out how to continue writing after adding more pictures so I started a new post. Just remember this goes with the previous pictures. I used my Dremel tool to widen the crack and after cleaning it out I filled it with JB Weld as shown below. Tomorrow when it is cured I will sand it smooth ready for priming.
While waiting for the next Corvair to come in the shop, I decided to do some little things I've been putting off. The first is repairing a flat tire. I must have pinched the tube when I mounted the new tires. I bought a new tube some time ago but just never got around to fixing it. I got out my trusty small wheel bead breaker that I purchased from Harbor Freight and began to replace the tube. I have to tell you, that's the best $19.00 I've ever spent. It has been used to dismount the five old tires and mount the new ones (one of them twice), removed and replaced the two trailer tires and had no problem breaking any of them loose. After I finished the tire, I decided to work on my steering wheel. You can see a small crack right around the top edge where the horn button goes.