Monday, May 18, 2009

As promised yesterday, here are the pictures of the engine lid repair. On the left is the underside of the lid. The repair involved removing the center strut, cutting the bad section out, making a patch to fit, welding it in and some semi-finish grinding. The other side shows the top after some grinding. It still needs finish body work and as I said before, I have to reduce a slight hump in it. You can also see one of the hokey home made hinges that were on it along with the stack of washers needed to make it fit. There was no consideration given to the fact that the lid slopes off to the side so there is a binding on the hinges when the lid is opened and a slight twisting of the lid. I'm pretty sure I can do better. At least I can use the hood prop without buckling the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment