Thursday, May 28, 2009



The first picture shows the tubes in place before tightening down the head. The next shows the head torqued to spec, the rocker shaft assembly installed and torqued and the tubes compressed to make a tight seal. I mentioned the fuel pump only had one seal but forgot to say the distributor had none. I also spent about 15-20 minutes digging silicone out of the block where the push rod tubes seat. I will probably have to wait until the engine is back in the car before I can remove the oil pan for cleaning and new gasket. For those not familiar with Fiat 500 engines the pan is double walled for cooling purposes. The blower fan is ducted through the space in the oil pan. I have looked in there and can see a whole bunch of wild cherry seeds, so I know it is going to take some serious probing and fishing to get them all out. When I get it off I'll post a picture showing the ducting through the bottom of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment