Friday, May 15, 2009



As shown, the suspension went back together very well aside from the aforementioned broken bolt. Due to the positioning of the car in my shop, I couldn't get to the drivers side rear until I got the front end assembled. I removed the steering box and rebuilt it, bought a new idler arm assembly and a new pitman arm. I was all set to go----I thought. The taper joints on the tie rods would not fit in the holes in the steering arms. WTF! After a lot of research, I finally discovered the tie rods were from a Fiat 850. Rats! I ordered new tie rods for both sides. When they came in I went to install them and the hole in the idler arm was too big! Now what? I got on the phone with the vendor, explained my problem and he sent me another idler arm, supposedly from another supplier. It too had holes that were too big. I located a good used one from another Bianchina owner, blasted it, painted it and installed it in place, fits great. Mystery of the too large holes is still un- explained to this point. I could now move the car outside, turn it around, lift it up and start work on the drivers side.

No comments:

Post a Comment