Wednesday, September 15, 2010

As stated yesterday(9/13) I removed the cross bracing from the door openings and finished painting the bottom. I moved the car over to its parking area, freeing up the working bay for a paying job, yay!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Although it didn't go on as easily as the first one, I got the other fender fitted and welded on. It took a lot more coaxing and massaging to get it to fit and I'm still going to have to do a little lead work but I'm okay with it. Some how my cut line on the fender was not straight and I didn't notice it until I cut it which left a gap on the flange that I'll have to fill. No biggie but it irritates me. I think the next step is going to be cutting and removing the temporary braces I welded in before cutting off the old rocker panels. Should be a snap, then it's back to Corvair power train swapping. Oh yeah, I bought a new wiring harness at a good price yesterday. I'm not ready for it yet but couldn't pass it up.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The wheel well was painted inside and out and I just kept painting until the can was empty. Got a good bit of the bottom done. I also got the inside of the fender painted after adjusting the fit. I'm hoping to get the fender welded on to the car tomorrow.

This is the hole after all the rot was cut out. It is the bottom rear of the front left wheel well. Clear?
After welding in a patch it was painted with the good old POR-15 as shown in the next post.

Friday, September 10, 2010

I got the rear fender panel finished today, turned out pretty good. I also started working on the front wheel well preparatory to fitting and installing the front fender.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This just shows the extant of the POR-15 I did today, don't know why I always get a yellow reflection on POR-15 pictures .It really isn't there.

Finally got a chance to finish the patch for the rear fender front edge. While I was at it I made and welded in a patch for a rust hole in the fender well. I POR-15'd the back of the patch and set it aside to dry. I used up the rest of the can painting the fender well and as much of the bottom as I could. I will weld in the patch tomorrow and start working on the front fender and fender well.