Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bringing it home

On New Years Day I traveled to Tazewell, Tn. to get this car. It was advertised as a running Bianchina in condition 5-6 on a scale of 10. One of my best friends in high school bought one of these brand new in 1959. Three of us went from Claymont, DE to New York City and back in it. It just so happened it was the exact same color as the one I bought. How could I not buy it?? On the way home we were caught in a whiteout snowstorm and had to leave the road for a while. 1/2 hour later we were in sunshine and had no other troubles getting home. After unloading and placing the car in the shop, it was time to evaluate what I had bought. It ran pretty good but I did notice several things that were obviously wrong. This blog will be an attempt to record the complete restoration of this little car. It will not be in real time in the beginning until I catch up and it will not be a daily post with any consistency, I'll write when time allows and the spirit moves me. Soon as I learn how to post pictures, I'll show the first day home.

2 comments:

  1. Finally, a chronicle in english...

    That's a nice one!...

    The paint original?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's a repaint it was originally a light green

    Dave.. .

    ReplyDelete