Saturday, January 15, 2011











Yesterday was priming day! I have three small pieces I've yet to do and then I can start on the finish body work. If any one is reading this and is interested, it took one and a half quarts of PPG DP50 primer to do the entire car. It is also $80 per quart set (primer and catalyst). I used my TIP Tools HVLP turbine spray unit to do this and you can see there is very minimal overspray any where. I did put plastic sheeting on the floor since I knew I would be spraying downward on the doors, trunk, hood etc. I should also mention this system is very bad for your lungs. I have and used a fresh air supplied hood while spraying. I looked like a bio hazard worker but I can still breath and no worries of the big "C". I also wore surgeon's gloves to avoid skin oil while handling the doors and other small parts. I am happy with the outcome and progress IS being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment