Friday, January 7, 2011












This is the area that I have to patch. It is a lot of compound curves so I'm probably going to weld a little, heat with a torch, bend a little, weld a little etc. until it fits and is all welded. The little patch around the screw hole was the toughest. The finished job is shown above, like the other side, it's a little lumpy but body filler will take care of it. The filler won't be any thicker than 1/8 inch anywhere on the body. I also did some work on the front hood to see if I could get the depression out where someone tried to close the hood without releasing the prop. I was about 98% successful but didn't take any pictures. Maybe next time. I think the next step is to go all over the body to see where if any seam sealer is needed. I'm pretty sure I've got it all but now is the time to check. Once it's ready it's time to prime it and then the body smoothing starts. (And I hate sanding!) I also removed the plastic screw anchors that were used to fasten the top of the bumperette to the body. It was then I discovered that there is supposed to be a welded nut on the backside of the tail light opening. After figuring out how to do it, I welded a nut behind each opening. The Bianchina parts book shows a special standoff nut(bolt?) is used there. It's male on one end and female on the other and is used to attach the tail light housing. Have to talk to my favorite machinist tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment