Tuesday, January 4, 2011











I tackled the other fender lip today. It came out okay but it has a few depressions that will be filled with filler after epoxy priming. I was going to use body lead but after thinking on it decided on body filler being as it's much lighter than lead. Since the car only has 16 1/2 horsepower every ounce saved helps. You can see in the second picture that I've already cut out the rot on the bottom of the fender, I'll make a patch and weld it in tomorrow. I was able to find, clean out and retap the mounting hole for the rear bumperette. It was held on with a wood screw into a plastic anchor, real classy repair. Some where along the line it was filled with Bondo and instead of finding and using it, the old wood screw trick was used. Getting closer to priming.

No comments:

Post a Comment