Wednesday, June 17, 2009











I'm still just screwing around waiting for the engine parts. This is a closeup of the broken bolt, which has been taken care of, and the sealing surface is clean. I started to work on the back panel that the engine mount is on. I noticed it was bent in when I removed the rear bumper. I bought a stud welder from Harbor Freight to see if that would pull the dent out. What a piece of crap. It will weld the smallest studs but the slide hammer will not grip them. It will grip the bigger studs but It won't weld them securely enough. It is going back tomorrow morning. After looking at it real close I think I am going to cut all the spot welds loose, remove the panel, straighten it and reweld it all back together. Wish me luck.
Yeah, I know the panel is upside down, I thought it might be easier to work on that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment