Sunday, January 17, 2010










While cleaning the top of the front fender, I suddenly realized what a stupid fish I am, you know, a dum bass. I've been dreading having to cut out each spot weld to remove the fender when I had an epiphany; I don't have to remove the whole fender--DUH!!
I'm going to cut right along the crease of the fender and just R&R the bottom half. The same holds true for the front panel. It's hard to see but the cut line will be straight through the three bumper mounting holes and again just removing the bottom half. This will allow me to replace the rusted/damaged sections and also to re align the front corners that have been pushed in by running into something. It will mean expensive patch panels but the time saved will be more than worth it to me. Maybe someone might need the top halves in the future, who knows. If not, they will go into storage in the attic.
Needless to say, they've been metal-prepped,washed and dried but no pics. Just looks duller.

No comments:

Post a Comment