Sunday, January 3, 2010











Well, the holidays and a bunch of broken Corvairs put a serious crimp in my Bianchina time, but I finally got to it today. I got the right rear fender and the right door opening stripped. You can see on the first picture the "good ole boy "jackleg body repair. So much heat was used in brazing, the body buckled. You can see what is called an "oil can" dent right above all the brass. That's the kind of dent you get when you squeeze one of the old metal oil cans. I'll have to melt all the brass out to release the tension on the dent before trying to straighten it with a hammer and dolly. The other picture shows what was under the slab of body filler on the front of the wheel opening. There was no attempt to repair the rust, just smear some Bondo on it. The rocker panel was repaired the same way. It will be cut out and a new rocker panel welded in. Unfortunately, there are no panels available for the rear fenders, so I'm going to have to get creative when I start on them. All that's left to strip is the roof and some of the inside that will show. Get on it soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment