Monday, October 22, 2018

While waiting for the gas to siphon out of the car I'm working on, I decided to figure out a way to make the door glass rollers work again. After freeing them up so they would turn, I was able to dis assemble them and replace the old, cracked, rotted rubber with new fresh rubber. The little black piece in the center is one of the old roller covers for comparison.

Also, I have ordered all the rubber seals to go around the doors, around the window tops and in the window guides inside the doors. I also ordered the seal across the top of the windshield where the folding top seals. I will be posting my progress installing these seals, the windows and the door operating hardware--except the outer handles, I will be ordering new ones. (After finishing another Corvair) Fiat parts are expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment