Sunday, October 28, 2018

This is what you get for $463

So, a rainy Saturday was spent installing these items. First up was attaching the window felts to the chrome window trims. I used #2 by 3/16" flathead sheet metal screws like below.

I clamped the felt to the trim pieces, measured and drilled holes using a #48 bit. The felts were then screwed on and the end result was this.

Notice that two are up and two are down so you can see what I am talking about. These trim pieces mount on the top edge of the door on each side of the window glass. Next I cut and glued the rubber window channel linings into the channels and allowed them to dry overnight. The first picture is all the clamps needed to hold them in place while drying and the second is the finished product. There is also a vertical piece in each door that is non removable. I installed the right side one. The other side will have to wait until I can turn the car around.

Next, I installed the top of window seal on the roof as shown below.

The on door seal was glued and clamped in place to dry.

While waiting for everything to dry, I decided to strip the seat upholstery off the seat frames to prepare them for powder coating.

So ends a long productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment