Saturday, June 12, 2010












Progress made so far, left picture shows the head that was cut and rewelded to provide a level pivot. This was done on each of the motor stands. The welded on axles were cut off and discarded along with the little metal wheels, the welds were the ground smooth so as to provide an easy insertion into the extension tubes. I drilled a hole in the top side of each tube and welded a nut over the hole providing a means to lock the tube in place and also allowing dis assembly when I'm finished with it. I then welded the new larger casters on the outer ends and installed them on the stands. I fabbed extensions for the front swivel casters and installed them also. they wont have much to do with the finished product but they do make it easier to move each stand around until I get the whole assembly connected. I took both of the handles used to turn the engine and welded them end to end giving me more leverage to turn the whole car. Each stand was placed in its approximate position and clamped together using a piece of angle iron just to see how it would roll. The next step is to start fabricating the attachment points for each end of the car. The rear will be a snap, the front will take a little longer.
I'd like to welcome Sean Harvey to the followers list.
I also would like to anounce that I heard from my neurosurgeon Friday, that he sees no sense in operating since the nerve block is working so well. He did set me up with physical therapy for three weeks. Looks like I'm almost out of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment