Friday, July 31, 2009












The new floor pans arrived yesterday as promised so today was cut the floor out day! If you look real close at the before picture, you can see the various 3/16" thick patch panels added sometime in the cars life. The one that really made me shake my head in wonderment was the one under the outer seat track. The seat sat higher on the outside and would not adjust back and forth. What the hell kind of fix is this?? Makes you wonder when Darwin's theory takes hold. I used my cut off tool on the outer edge and on the rest I used my plasma cutter. The results are shown in the other picture. Felt a twinge in my back and decided enough for today. Tomorrow I will trim off all the little extra pieces and start fitting the new floor pan. It looks like it installs from the bottom, I'll find out for sure tomorrow. When it all fits nicely, I'll glue it all in with body filler and pop rivets. PSYCH!! I will actually break out the MIG welder and weld it all together. After any finish grinding I have to do, all the seams,inside and out, will be covered with paintable seam sealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment