Wednesday, July 15, 2009



Having reached the point of not willing to wait any longer for parts and the fact that UPS lost my Corvair parts shipment, I had some free time this afternoon to really give my old timing chain sprocket a good going over. I could find absolutely no wear on it so I decided to assemble the engine using it instead of waiting for something that may never arrive. The chain, sprocket and oil filter all went together with no problems as shown by the above pic. I then turned my attention to the transaxle. I checked every part on and in it and couldn't figure out what the two different seals are that I have been waiting even longer for. I also assembled the complete transaxle with the new axles and sliding couplers shown in the other pic. UPS came and delivered the replacement order so it will be a day or two before I mate the engine with the transaxle and start adding all the periphery attachments. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment