Monday, November 13, 2017

I finished up the tee bolts and installed the trim strip on the hood.

The process I used was to take some small steel strip and cut a square to just fit snugly under the lip on the molding. I center punched, drilled, tapped a 4-40 hole, screwed in a 3/4"machine screw and silver soldered the screw to the steel square. After filing down the height so it would easily slide into the molding, I made two more and installed them the same way. I was fortunate to discover that I had an extra dash trim clip which is the same as the hood clips. I used this clip in the hole closest to the windshield since it is a blind hole. once installed and tightened, I clipped the excess length of the screws off.
Baby got bling today too.

Headlights with temporary rims, mirrors, antenna and new windshield washer ferrules with stainless acorn nuts.

I installed the shifter and shift tube to the transmission and decided to test fit the carpet to see if I need to trim it anywhere. The only place I have to cut is around the accelerator pedal shaft. When I laid the console on to see how it looked, I discovered that I have the wrong shifter boot. Mine is rectangular and it should be round. Closer examination after cleaning proved to be a Volkswagen boot. Oh well, another item to add to the "buy parts" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment