Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sorry

I am both embarrassed and chagrined about the length of time it took to get back to this project. I had two "Corvairs from Hell" in the shop and they took almost a year to get rid of. However, I'm back on the Bianchina. I had repaired a few spots that I missed in the weird light on the left side of the shop. I sanded and resprayed epoxy primer on the spots. I am planning on spraying high build primer on them tomorrow after scuffing everything with a Scotchpad. When that is dry, I can start wet sanding and blocking to prepare for the color coat. At this point, I am refusing to accept any more Corvair work until this is accomplished. Wish me luck, assuming there is anyone left out there still following this account. The pictures show the repairs and then the black epoxy over them.



2 comments:

  1. Good to see you're back on the Bianchina. I was checking the page on occasion and was wondering what happened.

    Rodney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rodney, thanks for your concern. It's tough to clear the bay of customer Corvairs to make room to bring the Bianchina over. I finally had to bite the bullet and delay some Corvair work.

    ReplyDelete