Wednesday, March 3, 2010












I decided to revisit the engine lid repair. I was never happy with it so I decided this was the time to change it. We're getting ready to make the hinges so I want the engine lid to fit as well as it can. The pic up there is how it was left-minus the cuts. I cut out all the crinkled metal that was caused by trying to close the lid with out releasing the hood prop .The underneath repair is satisfactory so I just replaced the top skin. As you can see it's not perfect and will require a skim coat of filler. I mounted the hold down latches on the lid and placed it in position using rubber shims to simulate the correct rubber blocks. After latching it in place, the measurements were taken for the new hinges and given to cousin George( the machinist, remember?)

No comments:

Post a Comment